Until now it has been only sparsely drilled or tested at depths below 400 meters. Therefore, the project has excellent potential: mineralization remains open along strike and depth, and potentially in postulated parallel features. 41% of the drilled holes have intercepted > 20 g/t Au over various interval lengths.
56 holes drilled in 2011 identified zones of high-grade gold mineralization along the northeast trending NTS, and at depth. Geological mapping and surface sampling programs led to the discovery of high-grade gold mineralization at surface. This opened the possibility of discovering a near-surface resource.
Assay results from the 2012 program targeting the central NTS Hinge Zone were excellent:
- 681 g/t gold over 0.5 meters and was drilled in hole NT-114
- 10 meters of 7.43 g/t gold in hole NT-162
- 41% of drill holes intercepted > 20 g/t Au over various interval lengths
- Several high-grade samples (average length 1.5 meters) in NT-161 and NT-163
Despite extensive drilling on the property, there remains a gap to the northeast along the NTS, and at depths below about 350 to 400 meters. Additionally, a synthesis of previous exploration, reports, and fieldwork has given rise to new ideas such as the potential for multiple stacked horizons of mineralization, and new targets to test in a renewed exploration and drilling program.
- Ground magnetic survey to help delineate structures, rock packages, confirm ideas
- Drill at new orientations along NTS to intersect north-trending cross-structures and the full extent of the mineralization host
- Infill drill the gap toward the northeast and at depth