The Leo property’s location within the Red Lake Mining District, anomalous gold values, intriguing geophysical results, and position in prospective lithologies spell great exploration potential for the project.
- Crustal scale faults in a gold-endowed region—deep crustal fluid source of gold.
- Near terrane boundary—possibility for mineralizing fluid channelling and concentration of gold and metals.
- Prospective rocks for a variety of gold deposit types—metasediments, volcanic and plutonic rocks provide ample opportunity for many deposit styles; intrusion-related gold; near a disconformity.
- Large property accessible by road increases chances and ease of discovery of exploitable ore deposit.
Exploration and development of gold targets using both modern and traditional techniques to accomplish streamlined and efficient grass-root programs:
- High-resolution ground-based proton-magnetometry to improve current geophysical interpretation and refine targets for the next phase of exploration (drilling).
- Follow up with systematic soil sampling to build the geological and mineralization potential picture.
- Further geological reconnaissance mapping and sample collection toward the western edge of the property to identify new target areas.
- Diamond drilling to follow up with successful surveys and sampling.